Monday, July 27, 2009

Guess Beads

In the August issue of Elle magazine, toward the front, I found this picture of some great beads that I immediately thought of making ED size.

So I did. Hobby Lobby cooperated with me by generously charging only half-price for the Swarovski beads.

The black beads should fall right about the ED's sternum, and the white ones should be waist level. Hard to tell on this Barbie, but if they aren't the right length I'll take them apart and make them again.


No, I 'll try to find smaller beads instead. These don't hang as straight as they should anyway, and they are a little chunkier than I wanted. Tyler Wentworth can have them.

As Thoroughly Modern Millie said, "Gee I wish my fronts weren't so full--they sure ruin the line of your beads."

(And for a full minute I doubted the propriety of quoting such a risqué comment on my blog. Then I remembered I routinely post pictures of dolls wearing nothing up top at all, not even beads! So the quote went in.)

3 comments:

thelonglostwoods said...

What a great idea! You might need some tiny seed-beed sized beads for a better size ratio.. but hey, chunky necklaces do come in fashion as "vintage inspired pieces" : P

Shadow Play said...

Oooh, very pretty! I saw some small bone beads I'd love to make a necklace out of for my boy last week, but I'm worried that they'll be too big, too. Some of the 1mm ones might work for our dolls, though!

Metallumia said...

They are very pretty! These may work out fine..
as Barbie is smaller than Enchanteds..in length and dimension..but who knows..I don't have a Barbie...Fashion Royalty jewelry seems to be in scale with our Enchanteds though...I recall seeing a photo in the Forum......