Sunday, August 2, 2009

Doll Necklaces from Earrings


Welcome to August, "Home to Yren's" second month! Since my Enchanted Doll has not yet arrived, I'm working only on simple projects to pass the time. I can't make anything that needs much fitting, for one thing, and for another, I'm just too anxious to concentrate much. Voilà! An easy doll necklace.

For this project, most of the supply-gathering is already done for you. Just buy a pair of dangly earrings, clip the wire, thread the beads in order on a string, and attach a clasp. Below, I laid out extra beads in case I needed to add some for length (which I did.) It's easiest to cut a length of beading string and put a needle on each end. Then you can add beads easily from either end, plus the needles will keep the beads from sliding off before you get the clasp on.

And the best part is, you still have the other earring to make a matching necklace for a friend's doll!

3 comments:

thelonglostwoods said...

It's been a month since your production date now :_( But absence and distance makes the heart grow fonder... and the stronger the wind the stronger the tree.. and good things take time... but in secret i am a selfish little girl and my hear burns with desire to see them!!

Shadow Play said...

That is a very good idea! I could really imagine my boy pulling off a necklace like that, so I may have to go shopping soon. ^^

I can't believe it's been a month for you, though. Have you really not heard anything? And to think you ended up going with the white slip to avoid the wait. :(

Paiva said...

Whoops, I didn't mean to sound so whiny there. My son was rushing me along so that he could have the computer.

I keep reminding myself that once Yren arrives, she'll be worth the wait and the anxiety. Poor Marina--making dolls so beautiful that people pine and moan for them is an awful lot of pressure to bear!