Sunday, August 30, 2009

Home to Yren for Real!

Last night was our first night home from vacation, and now I can say truly for the first time that I came "home to Yren." The whole time I was away from her, I worried about whether I had packed her gently enough and billeted her securely enough, but when I opened up the box again all was indeed well and she was prettier than ever.

I stayed up past midnight just because I couldn't put her down! Tried on all her wigs again, tilted her head this way and that, figured out how to bend her arms and hands up toward her face...did, in short, some of the getting-to-know you that we didn't have time for last week.

Plans for today: to audition fabrics and colors for her to see which she might like to wear, to take some pictures with my daughter's camera, and finally (maybe) to order me a new camera for the purpose of showing fabrics, colors, and above all, Yren, to best advantage for her friends.

3 comments:

Metallumia said...

Welcome back,Ruth!!! I hope you had a lovely vacation! We can't wait to see more of Yren!

Paiva said...

Thank you, Metallumia! :-) I love the new pictures of your girls too--just breath-taking!

Unfortunately Chancellor of the Exchequer, aka my husband, says no purchase of expensive camera directly after vacation is allowed. So I'll have to make do with the old one for awhile longer yet...

monika viktoria said...

Hurraayy! Oh this must be the most exciting part! :-) New camera is exciting too, you just need to figure out a way to convince the chancellor that HE *needs* that camera too!!!