Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is What "Neurotic" Means to Me

Instead of checking my email once a day, and being disappointed once a day, I check my email 50 times a day and am disappointed 50 times a day.

Meanwhile, at the swampish and haphazardly defined borders of my consciousness hovers a vaporific cognizance of a possible Theory C to explain the continuance of my doll's current state of intangible Not-Yettedness. (See here for Theories A and B.)

Viz, that Marina has "many a many" work to complete, and that various factors impede her progress (materials shortages, lapsed connections to needed assistance, occasional pauses for food and sleep) --even as various factors are always impeding me in my work too--and that my doll Yren is at the moment merely caught up in a general, all-encompassing working-towardice, a steadily-getting-it-all-done-itude, from which she will emerge more or less at the same time as all the other works rise up and present themselves to us in an exuberant, shining, jubilant, self-evident state of Voilà-hood.

Not that different from building my serials module, actually. It works for me.

4 comments:

ms. noxy said...

That sorta kinda actually makes sense somewhat... that she's waiting until more are finished to show them all at the same time. I do hope Yren shows herself soon though. Yours is the one doll I truly can't wait to see, while all the others are more like happy surprises. I can't imagine how much harder it is for you to be waiting for her. *hugs*

Paiva said...

Noxy, you are so nice. I picture Marina suddenly spinning out Enchanted Dolls like a star spinning out planets. Some time we will get to see the doll that you and Marina dream up together, and she will be amazing.

monika viktoria said...

*gasp* noxy.. what about.. what about... my girl? :-P

Shadow Play said...

I do think that makes sense. There must be a lot of outstanding orders (we know of at least 4), so I guess she might just want to finish all of them before getting down to emailing their new owners.

That doesn't make the wait any less unbearable, though! Hang in there! *hugs*