Sunday, September 6, 2009

Photo Shoot: "Poiret" negligee


Hee hee, we made time for another photo shoot today. This time we could go outside and get the wonderful natural light that makes Yren look so rosy and sweet.

So what's up with the gown? Where's the peacock-blue underdress? Change of plans! The peacock-blue fabric came home with me and got cut up, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it into an underdress. What I should have done was make the underdress first, so the overdress could be fitted over it. But making things up as you go along kind of precludes advance planning like that.

But that's okay, I liked making it up as I went along. So when the peacock blue fabric didn't work, I set it aside to be made into something else and in my stash I found a pale yellow lingerie knit that worked nicely because it doesn't ravel and could be set in as a simple lining.

If you notice, she's wearing her Guess beads. Yep, those are the 2mm beads I ordered when the 4mm looked too chunky. The white ones aren't as white-white as I wanted, but for this dress they work better anyway. As for the peacock fan, I actually bought four of those feathers to sew or glue together as a fan, but haven't yet.

Isn't she beautiful? I love her so much.

3 comments:

ms. noxy said...

aw, what lovely pictures! shame the bright blue didn't work out, but I'm sure that fabric will find another creation to be a part of. This pale color is just lovely. A softer look beneath the gorgeous black lace. Very nice. I love Yren playing with that peacock feather too, she's adorable in that first pic. And the beads look like they worked out perfectly! White can be as harsh as black in my eyes, so the fact that those beads aren't stark white softens them up too. I'd totally wear a pair of those beads in real life! In fact, if I ever get around to getting money, I may end up getting those beads to make a set for my BJD. Hehe.

aneemal said...

Yren's looking more gorgeous everyday, Ruth! And it's fun seeing you having so much fun with her! I agree with noxy, nothing wrong with the paler colour here... it's sweet, like her!

Can't wait to see more! :)

Shadow Play said...

Beautiful dress, she looks so sophisticated in it!