Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Memories of Yren's arrival day

I never posted all of Yren's arrival day pictures anywhere, I just looked at them on my computer whenever I wanted to relive the experience. But after being without my computer and all my hundreds of pictures of Yren for so long, I've decided to post a few here where I can always get at them. They look like everyone else's box-opening pictures, but they're special to me because Yren is inside.

So here you have it... The big day: Thursday, August 20, 2009, about 5:30 pm.

The packing peanuts




















And the Enchanted Doll box





















And here is Yren as she looked in that moment, endearingly bald and vulnerable, strapped in so tight.


















Here is the first picture I ever took of her after she had her strappings taken off and was out of her box.

The earrings are the ones Marina gave her.

You can see that I don't have her wig adjusted just right, and the light was terrible, and I'm an Idiot Photographer. But a first picture is a first picture, and this was my Yren's.

I call this her "Lorraine" picture because she just looks like that ought to be her name.







And then, of course, I had to try on her red wig. It fits her a little differently than the brown one, shows more of her pretty forehead.

At the time, I was desperately unhappy with my efforts. Photographing Enchanted Dolls was just not the point and snap I thought it would be! But now I don't think they're so bad. What made the difference? This: I finally figured out that I could CROP them! Cropping is MAGIC!

I think she looks like a Renaissance princess here--she should be clothed in velvets and gold. She hasn't asked for them though--not yet. So far she's mainly interested in Wheels & Doll Baby, Forever 21, and Polyvore.

So that was my pretty girl the day she came into my life. Long may she reign!

1 comment:

annina said...

just like you i love box openings, especially of ED's of course!
i have to tell you i love that picture of Yren in the red wig, and i love how she looks in that wig, so beautiful! ♥