As daylight was dying in the west, we sat by the window of the sewing parlor and photographed Yren. She was pleased on two counts: first, not to be modeling out in the snow, and second, to have had her lips done special for the occasion.
I've done pinky-red on her lips before, but the new tawny-orange color we tried out to go with her red wig was just smashing. It really brought out another side to her we haven't seen before. Now I'm anxious to try photographing it again with natural light, but for now we are both happy enough with these shots to share them here.
So here you can see the pattern tweaking I did with Yren's bikini bottoms. It's just a small thing, but as a bumbling beginner I have to encourage myself with small things. See, in the blue bikini, how the bottom goes absolutely straight across her middle? I changed that a little so that it curves down a bit in front, to accent her own curves a little more.
This is a very easy pattern and I thought of putting it here on the blog so that anybody who wanted to could make one. But maybe I'm the only ED person who's this obsessed with making the silly things!
And while I am confessing to sartorial obsessions, I may as well admit here that I'm also exceedingly fond of Biscuitbear's "18th Century Inspired" gown. I've made it twice so far, but have another two all cut out and have selected fabric for two more. Every time I visit Field's Fabrics another piece leaps out at me as being perfect for Yren and perfect for that dress.
Let's see--six 18th Century dresses is two more than the number of bikinis Yren has. (Blue, red, zebra, and also an "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" that I made for her just to go with the old 50s song, but the color doesn't flatter her.)
I think the message here is that I should start thinking about sewing something else for her! The poor child doesn't own a skirt!