Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Moment of Peace and Solace

...for Enchanted Doll forum members... For reasons that don't need explanation...




The October winds lament around
the castle of Dromore.
Yet peace is in her lofty halls,
My loving treasure store.
Though autumn leaves may droop and die,
a bud of spring are you.
Sing hush-a-bye low, lah loo, lo lan
Sing hush-a-bye low, lah loo.

Bring no ill-wind to hinder us,
my helpless babe and me,
dread spirits of the black water,
Clan Eoan's wild banshee.
And Holy Mary, pitying us,
in Heaven for grace doth sue.
Sing hush-a-bye low, lah loo, lo lan,
Sing hush-a-bye low, lah loo.

Take time to thrive, my rose of hope,
in the garden of Dromore.
Take heed, young eaglet, till thy wings
are feathered fit to soar.
A little rest and then the world
is full of much to do.
Sing hush-a-bye low, lah loo, lo lan,
Sing hush-a-bye low, lah loo.

by Sir Harold Boulton  
Sung by the Flying Column 

2 comments:

aneemal said...

:'(

I think I'm sad because it's all over until the next time... I need to learn to put the same effort into my own endeavours, everyday!

Thanks Ruth, for the song xxx

undermytree said...

thank you Ruth, it means a lot ♥

and Amal, so well said, that is what I am determined to do, to really express myself and not hold back. I learned it with the contest and for that I am very grateful!

~Annina