Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yren Says Hello

What has Yren been doing, all this long time?

Well, she has stood patiently while I fitted patterns to her. My idea is to create patterns for people who don't feel they can sew very well but would still like to make something pretty for EDs. Our current project is a simple kimono and an even simpler obi--nothing authentic but just pretty and fun to wear. I tried photographing her in the latest trial of it, but it being after 10 a.m. the light in my sewing room was terrible.

For Christmas, my daughter gave her a very charming bathtub. She's been wanting one for a long time. This one is clear with sparkles and just the right size; it came with sweet-smelling Bath and Body Works products in it, which I now get to use in my own bathtub, so it was a present for both of us.

Also, very exciting for her around Christmas was the arrival of her own official Enchanted Doll "pencil tin" case, with the marvelous ED-formed foam that gently supports and protects her delicate self. She says she feels like she's floating on a cloud.

And this morning she sat for this portrait, which wasn't so pretty at first because of  bad lighting but then we passed it through Picnik and the wizards there made it ever so much better and anyway, I tell her she never takes a bad picture--it is I who does that.

I wasn't going to post the kimono picture but oh well, here it is anyway. Maybe I'll get some better pics Sunday morning, after I've been out shopping for Japanese print fabrics on Saturday. Then they will look extra good by comparison with these!

2 comments:

ms. noxy said...

YREN!!! How lovely to see you again! For truly!! I had a dream recently that I'd driven to your house Ruth, just to see Yren! But she was sleeping so we had tea instead. Rofl. *hugs*

Paige said...

Love the Kimono and I love seeing Yren. How great that Yren and you are making patterns. I can't wait to see the new creations. Thanks for sharing.