Monday, February 20, 2012

New Clothes for Yren


This is my third version of Biscuitbear's 18th century dress. I liked how pretty she looked in the gold fabric, but I put it away for a long time because I had trouble with the back. It would have been easier to just start over, but I'd already ruched and applied all that vintage lace. But today when I got it out again it didn't seem so discouraging, and I finished it up.


I've been working on this Trench coat for about three weeks, adapting it from a Barbie-size pattern that appeared in a dollmaking magazine in 1989. I spoiled a lot of fabric trying to get it right. Now I have the pattern pretty much set, but it's still tricky to sew!

2 comments:

ms. noxy said...

Both are beautiful!! I'm in awe over how gorgeous the trench coat is! <3

Annina said...

oh Ruth, the golden dress is so beautiful, wow, and i've already told you how great the trenchcoat is on flickr, but i'll say it again, so cool!
you really make lovely things for lovely Yren, congratulations! :)
~Annina